Sunday, May 10, 2009

Spring Training



When I consider the spring season the first thought that comes to mind involves Baseball.  I think of the Phillies practicing in Clearwater, Florida.  If Baseball has spring training I thought there ought to be a spring training for art or at the very least I thought I needed a project to spring me into action.  The image above, titled "Spring Training", is my vision of the spring time and my attempt to move forward.  It brings together and attempts to balances several artistic approaches including abstraction, collage, observation, and a bit of playfulness.  In Pennsylvania spring would not be spring without a little rain hence the little lady with the umbrella seen in the detail below. 



My spring training regiment this year involved a piece of Arches watercolor paper (16 inches by 12 1/4 inches), ink, watercolor, acrylic paint, and stamps.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it! I want it!